Telstra Health is delighted to share with you our update to Communicare, which is now available.
The 21.1 release offers improved performance and reliability with My Health Record integrations, enhanced prescribing and medication tools, a new SMS service, and immunisation functionality to support the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination rollout.
Overview of key enhancements:
- Improved performance and reliability with My Health record integrations
- Compliance with legislative changes mandating COVID-19 vaccinations and AIR upload administration
- Enhanced medication safety with improved supply and administer workflows
- Improved prescribing decision support with interaction checking using the MIMS drug database to assist clinicians with safety and quality
- Improved clinical workflows for nurses ordering and administering medications as defined within their scope of practice
- Improved recording of all patients’ medications, including those that may have been prescribed by another clinician or service
- Clarity of workflows, improved recording and documentation of medications requests and consolidated ordering for rural prescribing where medications are packed elsewhere and returned to a health service for supply to their patients
We acknowledge the 21.1 release is a significant release for our customers and it will require some preparation and training of your staff. We have provided several resources to assist you, which are now available on the Communicare Customer Portal.
- Download the 21.1 Demo to see first-hand the new changes
- If you do not have an account, please create a new account
- Review the Introduction to Communicare Release 21.1 brochure – completing the checklist will help you determine what level of support you may require, if any
- Following this, submit a ticket to the Service Desk to discuss the preparation and scheduling of your upgrade.
We encourage our customers to upgrade to 21.1 to take advantage of the improved workflows, which may have a positive impact on your health service.